No, it wasn’t a tire….I have an 8 month old at my house. Now you get it….the best place for it to happen is at home
But as in my life…poop doesn’t always happen at a convenient time or place! For a baby, it can be at the nursery and you forgot a change of clothes and an extra diaper in the diaper bag…bad for the sitter…you on the other hand, feel like an idiot as you depart with a bag of soiled clothing….and briefly consider tossing it the trash to destroy the evidence!
Poop usually happens when you least expect it….on a road trip…in a restaurant surrounded by a cast of thousands…yep it just plain stinks!
Some days….poop is all around you. You can’t seem to get away from it. You wake up on the wrong side of the bed…nothing feels right…anxiety creeps in… sometimes for no reason…other times you know the reason as you try to shake it off…
This morning, I went out on my deck to reflect (CODE Word for: “Pull me out of my funky mood“)…it was a beautiful dayand I just knew it would lift my spirits…until I got ready to sit in my comfy chair….I look down and what do I see…you guessed it…Bird POOP… not just any kind…the berry kind…PURPLE!
Now I have to figure out how to get the poop out of my cushion….OH CRAP!
It is hard to avoid the crummy part of life…we can all relate to the saying “Shit Happens” introduced to print by Connie Eble in 1983…the French say “C’est la vie” (It’s just life) which is much classier.
We all experience it…but it’s more about how we handle it….not letting IT handle us!
Here are five things I do to help me move forward in the midst of a unrest…sometimes CHAOS….
1. Cry (Yes… men you can do this too!) It just plain feels good!
2. Pray, pray, pray….it works for me more than I can say. God is my source and my strength…he has a plan for me. As I reflect on all my struggles and challenges I would not change a single one…I personally wish I hadn’t had them all, but all have made me into the woman I am today.
3. “Get over yourself” Move on…go outside… exercise… sit on your patio or deck with a cup of coffee or tea – struggles are part of life and everyone has them…some don’t talk about it nor choose to show it… but you better believe everyone is going through them.
4. Journal….jot down your feelings, fears and thoughts. This week, as I continue my room to room trash or treasurede-cluttering, I found a journal that I wrote from 2004 to 2007. It was a good way to reflect and see what blowouts I was cleaning up back then…and how much I have grown. I find writing and journaling hard, but I do think it helps me put issues into a better perspective so that I can make better choices and decisions.
5. Laugh (way good for the soul)…think about the good things you have accomplished…and the silly things you would never do again. The saying “Pick yourself up…dust yourself off and start all over again isn’t just for children.
So…if today is one of those days for you…Try one or all of MY FIVE and see if you can get back to living your life joyously!
Verses that give me strength and comfort:
Isaiah 41:10 Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, Yes, I will help you, I will uphold you with My righteous
1 Thessalonians 16-18 Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks, for this is God’s will for you.
Philippians 4: 6 Be anxious for nothing but in everything by prayer and supplication make your requests known to God
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Blowout your day with joy!